Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Silence is broken: a pair of browser bugs

I know this blog has nearly gone abandoned: I'm currently working on a big Mobile Ajax project and consequently most of what I do belongs to someone else (it's that sort of contract). I may have to restrain myself to quiet musings on mobile interactivity rather than actual source-code, although you'll all be able to rip that when the site goes live...

Anyway, as a peace offering here are two recently noted browser bugs:

1. The N73 (N73-1/33.0638.0.0.1 - I'm keeping my firmware stock) has a nice little bug involving checkboxes. If you select a checkbox and then move the cursor out the checkbox deselects. It's not just a visual effect, the form element is not set to "on" when the form is submitted. Double-clicking (so the control looks checked and then unchecked) has the opposite effect: moving the cursor out switches the control to checked, and the form element's state to "on". We've had to switch to using radio buttons in a single-item group to get around this problem.

2. Netfront 3.3 refuses to display or load iframes unless they have a width set. Width is only optional according to the DTD, but not according to Netfront...

No comments: